Do you like the new Second Life Viewer 2.0 Public Beta

1 Comment

• Vito - 14 years ago

No collapsable edit window, Bad search engine, limited view of screen, during search or edit!
    I personally do not care for change, as many Second Life residents... we get comfortable and do not want the boat rocked. There are changes in the viewer that many including myself do not care for.
    I have taken this "to the streets", and have gotten "patches" for the oldest versions of SL. I have personally dispensed the download links to SL v.1.22 & 1.23 to many hundreds of new SL residents. I am proud to say that I have even gotten those new residents that came in with Viewer 2 to delete the viewer and upload the viewer whose format that is better in my eyes.
    Talking with LL support, they have admitted to me, that they cannot go only to the new type of viewer, as that would take many residents with older computers out of SL.
    I have multiple Desktop style Imacs here at home, as we login to SL from here, and function in world 3- 5 friends at a time. The oldest Imac ( a G5 Tiger- only 4 years old) can't download the new type viewer.
    My campaign against the Viewer 2 has extended to RL commentary and links to all of the viewers before Viewer 2, that LL has assured me will not be discontinued.
    Residents of SL that came in with the new Viewer, and have taken my advice to try the original viewer type have thanked me, and agreed they are happier with older viewers. According to their feedback, they especially like using v. 1.22.11!
    After I explain, to these new residents the reasons that older residents and I disagree with the new viewer formats, I watch as they wholeheartedly "take the bull by the horns", and actively assist in meeting new residents to moving them back into the SL viewer that we feel has the best "search" options, and features we approve of.
    LL can try, but they can't move everyone to Viewer 2. Not when there are patches available, and approved 3rd party viewers, and not when there are passionate residents out there "spreading the word" and passing out links!

Leave a Comment

0/4000 chars

Submit Comment